Status: Full-time, Non-exempt (Hourly)
Reports To: Site Superintendent
Schedule: 45 hours/week
As a Carpenter, you will be a key member of the quickly growing TK Building & Design team and have the opportunity to work on many different types of projects. TK Building & Design has a reputation for superior craftsmanship and creating lasting relationships with its clients.
The Carpenter will build, erect, install, and repair forms, structures, and other fixtures made from wood and other materials as needed to assist with various types of construction projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform general carpentry work at residential and commercial jobsites, including but not limited to: demolition, framing, windows and doors, siding, decks and railings, drywall touch-up, trim work, cabinetry, and final project punch-list items.
- Perform work at ground level as well as at heights — using ladders, lifts, and scaffolding — and in confined spaces.
- Maintain a clean worksite.
- Fulfill other responsibilities and tasks as assigned by the Site Superintendents, Project Managers, COO, or President of the company.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma; vocational carpentry certificate or education preferred.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in general carpentry.
- Ability to follow detailed specifications and instructions.
- Ability to understand directions and read blueprints and architectural drawings.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well individually or as a member of a team.
- Thorough understanding of carpentry principles and methods.
- Demonstrated skill level with power tools and general-purpose machines as well as hand tools.
- Ability to properly care for and use tools of the trade.
- Ability to lift 50 or more pounds.
- Ability to provide leadership and direction to a small team of colleagues.
- Ability to follow directives of superiors.
- Adherence to company policies and objectives.
- Valid driver’s license and dependable transportation.
- Demonstration of integrity and respect for others.
Physical Requirements — The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employee must have the ability to:
- Traverse and work in all areas of a jobsite in all types of weather; this may include walking, climbing, reaching, bending, crawling, or stretching.
- Accept exposure to characteristic construction site dangers.
- Safely work with sharp tools or power equipment.
- Demonstrate manual dexterity, a good sense of balance, and excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Continuously stand and walk throughout the workday.
TK Building & Design is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a substance-free work environment.