Status: Full-time, Exempt (Salary)
Reports To: COO & President
Schedule: 45 hours/week
As a Project Manager, you will be a key member of the quickly growing TK Building & Design team and have the opportunity to work on many different types of projects. TK Building & Design has a reputation for superior craftsmanship and creating lasting relationships with its clients.
Project Managers are responsible for building relationships with key stakeholders, creating benchmarks for success, and planning work assignments that meet deadlines while working through budget changes or changes in the scope of a project.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Interact with internal team, subcontractors, and customers to review project specifications and job schedule.
- Oversee all aspects of projects, from award of contract to completion of final review with customer, including but not limited to: application for permits, ordering of materials, completion of appropriate administrative project tasks, scheduling of inspections, oversight of field staff and subcontractors, completion of change orders, etc.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Provide leadership and direction to a small team of colleagues.
- Follow directives of superiors.
- Adhere to company policies and objectives.
- Maintain a clean worksite.
- Fulfill other responsibilities and tasks as assigned by the COO or President of the company.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma; vocational carpentry certificate or education preferred.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in construction required; project management experience preferred.
- Ability to interpret architectural plans and engineering drawings.
- Demonstrated skill level with computers and general technology, including proficiency with MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to follow detailed specifications and instructions.
- Ability to lift 50 or more pounds.
- Valid driver’s license and dependable transportation.
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and confidentiality.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Adherence to company policies and objectives.
- Demonstration of integrity and respect for others.
Physical Requirements — The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employee must have the ability to:
- Traverse and inspect all areas of jobsite in all types of weather; this may include walking, climbing, reaching, bending, crawling, or stretching.
- Lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Accept exposure to characteristic construction site dangers.
- Be on-call to address delays, emergencies, bad weather, and other issues at the jobsite.
- Continuously stand and walk throughout the workday.
- Occasionally sit, push, pull, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
- Sit at a desk and work on a computer, including frequent use of a mouse and keyboard as well as viewing of a computer screen and other resources.
TK Building & Design is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a substance-free work environment.